cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure Voice and Data VLAN in CISCO SF 300 8P

A.K.M. Sayeed
Level 1
Level 1

I have a couple of Cisco SF 300 8P and 24 P Switches. I have voice and Data VLAN configured as :

Data VLAN : Default 145.17.59.0/24

Voice VLAN : VLAN 20 172.22.20.0/24

I have different DHCP servers as for Data VLAN we have physical server which is configured for 145.17.59.* IP Scope and Voice VLAN DHCP Server is configured in Gateway router with option 150.

This configuation works fine with other cisco swiches like 2960 and 3750 etc except CISCO SF 300 8P and 24P. I was trying to configure both voice and Data VLAN in these CISCO Switches so that CISCO phone (Model 6941) shold get IP from Voice VLAN and PC should get IP from Data VLAN DHCP Server. I have tried several techniques like LLDP, Port to VLAN Config etc.

Can anyone please guide me/help on this.

Regards,
A K.M.Sayeed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

Hi A.K.M., with Cisco phones you should be able to simply set auto voice VLAN to be VLAN20. 

voice vlan id 20

You should ensure CDP and/or LLDP are enabled as well. I would check this in web GUI. DHCP for the phones can come from the switch, a DHCP server on a VLAN20 access port or you can use dhcp helper to redirect DHCP to server elsewhere.

If you prefer or have issues with CDP or LLDP you can also program ports as trunks and add tagged VLAN 20 to them.  In this scenario you need to insure inter-vlan routing is working and that phones download config file with corrrect VLAN config.

These switches do not run ios so they are similar but different than catalyst switches you referred to.

-- please remember to rate helpful posts --

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

Hi A.K.M., with Cisco phones you should be able to simply set auto voice VLAN to be VLAN20. 

voice vlan id 20

You should ensure CDP and/or LLDP are enabled as well. I would check this in web GUI. DHCP for the phones can come from the switch, a DHCP server on a VLAN20 access port or you can use dhcp helper to redirect DHCP to server elsewhere.

If you prefer or have issues with CDP or LLDP you can also program ports as trunks and add tagged VLAN 20 to them.  In this scenario you need to insure inter-vlan routing is working and that phones download config file with corrrect VLAN config.

These switches do not run ios so they are similar but different than catalyst switches you referred to.

-- please remember to rate helpful posts --

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --