cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable Jabber Sys Logs

ryangarve1
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if there is a way to disable the Windows Jabber client from writing it's syslog (csf-unified.log and csf-unified.log.1-10)

I work in an enviornment where we run VMware View and the user appdata directory is redirected back to a file server that is getting pegged by jabber logs.  The top I/O offenders are these logs and it's affecting performance in a major way so I'm hoping to be able to disable these logs or perhaps redirect them to a different location.

On the client side we're using 9.1.5 and on the server side it's CUP 8.6.4. 

The full directory path of the logs is C:\Users\%username%\appdata\local\cisco\unified communications\jabber\csf\logs

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Starting from 9.2.x version, LOG_DIRECTORY argument is being defined for installer.

Take a look at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_2/JABW_BK_C9731738_00_jabber-windows-install-config_chapter_0100.html#JABW_RF_CE43EF4C_00

With LOG_DIRECTORY defined, you can redirect logs into custom directory, thus avoiding appdata directory.

Regards,

Vladimir.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Starting from 9.2.x version, LOG_DIRECTORY argument is being defined for installer.

Take a look at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_2/JABW_BK_C9731738_00_jabber-windows-install-config_chapter_0100.html#JABW_RF_CE43EF4C_00

With LOG_DIRECTORY defined, you can redirect logs into custom directory, thus avoiding appdata directory.

Regards,

Vladimir.

We're running 9.1.5, but plan to upgrade within the next few months and I'm sure this will help.  Thanks for the information!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: