Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
Jens Didriksen Fri, 11/08/2013 - 13:40
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

You can send second camera as presentation source, and, if needed, you can create a custom lay-out for this using the compositor tool; https://developer.cisco.com/web/telepresence-developer/tools/integrators/video-compositor - it is aimed at the C90, but should work with the C60 as well.

Some old YouTube clips available too: http://youtu.be/TYBlFIIP9Ug

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Wayne DeNardi Sat, 11/09/2013 - 14:40
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 TelePresence

I can confirm that the compositor and API work well on the C60s.

You can also generate layouts using the TC Console software.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Paulo Ferreira Wed, 11/13/2013 - 14:58
User Badges:

Thanks Jens and Wayne for your help.

I will study the precious contents that you gave me.

Wayne DeNardi Thu, 12/05/2013 - 20:34
User Badges:
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 TelePresence

Hi Paulo,

How did you go?  Did you end up using the API/Compositor, or the TC Console software?

Did you have any other questions?

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Paulo Ferreira Fri, 12/06/2013 - 08:36
User Badges:

Hello Wayne,

I'm rigth now trying to put the solution work.

I'm trying to send the images, by changinig the layout in TC Console, without sucess...

Sending the remote layout to the other site it's not working.

Wayne DeNardi Sun, 12/08/2013 - 15:06
User Badges:
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 TelePresence

Hi Paulo,

I've sent you an email with a sample configuration from one of my test units that uses two cameras.

Hope that helps.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your quesiton as answered if appropriate.

Paulo Ferreira Mon, 12/09/2013 - 02:49
User Badges:

Hello Wayne,

Thanks for your concern.

I didn't receive the email, can you send me again, [email protected].

Meanwhile I opened a case and I received this anwser:

"As the camera are Daisy Chained they will have different video feed.

In order to get a single feed from two camera, you need a switcher which has multiplexing capability so that it can send a single video feed at the far end.

Without the switcher you won’t be able to get a single feed from two cameras."

This is correct?? I'm really confused....why codecs have multiple video inputs??

Paulo Ferreira

Wayne DeNardi Mon, 12/09/2013 - 17:27
User Badges:
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 TelePresence

Hi Paulo,

I re-sent the email to the new email address - I hope you received it.  If not, please let me know and I'll try again.

You do not need a "switcher" - each camera needs to be cabled back to the codec for their separate video feeds (the control cable should be daisy chained still).  The C60 and C90 can then combine the feeds with TC Console or the Compositor API to give the picture as required.  You only need the "switcher", or Picture-in-Picture inserter for codecs that have a single video input (ie an SX20) and no compositor functionality.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Paulo Ferreira Wed, 01/15/2014 - 08:51
User Badges:

Hello Wayne,

sorry for this delay....

I would like to thank you for the help given.

At this time and after placing the codec sendig the two images, the client wants a single panoramic image, and it is not possible to do.

However I confirm that the TC console allowed to send two images of the two cameras.

Thanks again.

Paulo Ferreira

Wayne DeNardi Wed, 01/15/2014 - 16:56
User Badges:
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 TelePresence

Thanks for the update Paulo.

You could do a "panorama" by putting the two cameras in a side by side layout with TC Console (as per the image below).

Wayne

--

azeemo157 Fri, 10/24/2014 - 00:54
User Badges:

Hi Wayne

I have created an output from TC console to have a panorama image of 3 cameras connected to a c90 codec to give one single image. Kindly lt me know if the same is correct. Also can you explain the procedure to upload it to the codec ?

Wayne DeNardi Sun, 10/26/2014 - 20:34
User Badges:
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 TelePresence

You've change the "Local" layout on those screenshots, and not the remote end which would more likely be what you're after, and it's not really a panorama of all three cameras as one is below the other two.

To upload it to your devic, go to File, Apply to Codec(s), click the Add button, and put in the device details/credentials.  Then click Apply to send it.

Alternately, you can edit what's on the endpoint direcly by connecting to the connecting to it in the first place rather than creating a new file.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your quesiton as answered if appropriate.

Paulo Ferreira Fri, 10/24/2014 - 00:57
User Badges:

Hi,

putting the two cameras in a side by side layout with TC Console as you showed don't form a panoramic picture because of cameras angles. they don't show a "square" image each that you can put side by side. Something like the picture:

Attachment: 
azeemo157 Fri, 10/24/2014 - 00:57
User Badges:

I cant see the picture. Can you please give a solution for the scenario described then  ? Have can i get a panoramic picture then ?

Paulo Ferreira Fri, 10/24/2014 - 01:05
User Badges:

The TC console can join multiples cameras together to send, but not to create a panoramic image.

If you want that, you need to have another equipment, a switcher, Cisco doesn't have, to combine the input pictures.

azeemo157 Fri, 10/24/2014 - 01:59
User Badges:

If i do have a matrix switcher from Extron can the same be done ? How will the connections be ? Do i still need to use the TC console ?

Wayne DeNardi Sun, 10/26/2014 - 20:30
User Badges:
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 TelePresence

As I said before, while it's not technically a "Panoramic" picture, you can get the two camera inputs side by side as per the layout in my screenshot in my previous post (and as included again as an attachment below).

You'd need to adjust your camera PTZ so that the two images that they're generating don't overlap.  You can then set the new camera positioning as a preset and activate this preset on boot so the cameras always come up that way (and you can then easily change them back if a user moves them).

Wayne
--

Attachment: 
azeemo157 Thu, 10/23/2014 - 22:09
User Badges:

Hi Wayne

I have the same issue with C90. I downloaded the TC console but i am not sure how i can combine the images. Can you share some steps n how to combine image of Left & Right Cameras to make one single Image.

Actions

This Discussion