Views
Helpful
Replies

C60 with 2 cameras

Paulo Ferreira
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a C60 with two cameras connected.

How can I combine the images from both cameras to send during a call?

18 Replies 18

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

You can send second camera as presentation source, and, if needed, you can create a custom lay-out for this using the compositor tool; https://developer.cisco.com/web/telepresence-developer/tools/integrators/video-compositor - it is aimed at the C90, but should work with the C60 as well.

Some old YouTube clips available too: http://youtu.be/TYBlFIIP9Ug

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

I can confirm that the compositor and API work well on the C60s.

You can also generate layouts using the TC Console software.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Jens and Wayne for your help.

I will study the precious contents that you gave me.

Hi Paulo,

How did you go?  Did you end up using the API/Compositor, or the TC Console software?

Did you have any other questions?

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hello Wayne,

I'm rigth now trying to put the solution work.

I'm trying to send the images, by changinig the layout in TC Console, without sucess...

Sending the remote layout to the other site it's not working.

Hi Paulo,

I've sent you an email with a sample configuration from one of my test units that uses two cameras.

Hope that helps.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your quesiton as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Hello Wayne,

Thanks for your concern.

I didn't receive the email, can you send me again, paulo.ferreira@cilnet.pt.

Meanwhile I opened a case and I received this anwser:

"As the camera are Daisy Chained they will have different video feed.

In order to get a single feed from two camera, you need a switcher which has multiplexing capability so that it can send a single video feed at the far end.

Without the switcher you won’t be able to get a single feed from two cameras."

This is correct?? I'm really confused....why codecs have multiple video inputs??

Paulo Ferreira

Hi Paulo,

I re-sent the email to the new email address - I hope you received it.  If not, please let me know and I'll try again.

You do not need a "switcher" - each camera needs to be cabled back to the codec for their separate video feeds (the control cable should be daisy chained still).  The C60 and C90 can then combine the feeds with TC Console or the Compositor API to give the picture as required.  You only need the "switcher", or Picture-in-Picture inserter for codecs that have a single video input (ie an SX20) and no compositor functionality.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Hello Wayne,

sorry for this delay....

I would like to thank you for the help given.

At this time and after placing the codec sendig the two images, the client wants a single panoramic image, and it is not possible to do.

However I confirm that the TC console allowed to send two images of the two cameras.

Thanks again.

Paulo Ferreira

Thanks for the update Paulo.

You could do a "panorama" by putting the two cameras in a side by side layout with TC Console (as per the image below).

Wayne

--

Wayne

Hi Wayne

I have created an output from TC console to have a panorama image of 3 cameras connected to a c90 codec to give one single image. Kindly lt me know if the same is correct. Also can you explain the procedure to upload it to the codec ?

You've change the "Local" layout on those screenshots, and not the remote end which would more likely be what you're after, and it's not really a panorama of all three cameras as one is below the other two.

To upload it to your devic, go to File, Apply to Codec(s), click the Add button, and put in the device details/credentials.  Then click Apply to send it.

Alternately, you can edit what's on the endpoint direcly by connecting to the connecting to it in the first place rather than creating a new file.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your quesiton as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Hi,

putting the two cameras in a side by side layout with TC Console as you showed don't form a panoramic picture because of cameras angles. they don't show a "square" image each that you can put side by side. Something like the picture:

I cant see the picture. Can you please give a solution for the scenario described then  ? Have can i get a panoramic picture then ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: