ISA570 gateway AV engine not updating

Answered Question
Nov 11th, 2013
User Badges:

Wondering why I haven't seen an AV update for my ISA applaince since October 21.

I tried updating the AV manually but I keep getting a message indicating that I already have the latest version.

Is this correct?

Thanks in advance

Rick

Correct Answer by Brandon Turpin about 3 years 9 months ago

Hi Ricardo,

I had changed my Cisco.com password a bit ago and didn't update the credentials on this ISA.  The updates were failing until I updated the credentials today.  That's why my Last Update shows today.

Take a look at the version, though.  Both of ours show:  201310112122.  We have the same version.  Your just updated on Oct 12th while mine updated to that version today.  Notice the version looks like a timestamp, which is where I got Oct 11.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding that.

Thanks,

Brandon

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Brandon Turpin Tue, 11/12/2013 - 14:10
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi Ricardo,

I checked and the latest I show is from October 11.  Here is a screenshot of what I'm seeing on mine.  Is that what you're seeing on yours?  If not, can you gather a screenshot of yours to compare?

Thanks,

Brandon

nyregionalcisco Tue, 11/12/2013 - 14:56
User Badges:

Thanks Brandon for the response.

You mentioned that your latest update was 10/11/13 but if you look at what you sent me , it actually states that the update was today.

However, my screen shot still shows that the lates version was in October, last check was today.

Update Virus Database

Auto Update Virus Database:

On

Off

Last Check:

2013-Nov-12, 17:48:24 GMT-0500

Last Update:

2013-Oct-12, 22:11:04 GMT-0400

Version:

Virus Pattern Number:

Note: the virus pattern number is 680000 just like yours....so how should I read that?

Thanks again for your help.

Rick

Correct Answer
Brandon Turpin Tue, 11/12/2013 - 16:40
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi Ricardo,

I had changed my Cisco.com password a bit ago and didn't update the credentials on this ISA.  The updates were failing until I updated the credentials today.  That's why my Last Update shows today.

Take a look at the version, though.  Both of ours show:  201310112122.  We have the same version.  Your just updated on Oct 12th while mine updated to that version today.  Notice the version looks like a timestamp, which is where I got Oct 11.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding that.

Thanks,

Brandon

nyregionalcisco Tue, 11/12/2013 - 17:18
User Badges:

Thanks Brandon,

Just saw that I have the same updated version as you.

Though I am curious as to why there hasn't been any signature updates since mid -October

Anyways, thanks again

Rick

H. Erne Wed, 11/13/2013 - 00:31
User Badges:

Hi,

welcome to the club. I filed a bug (SR 628048131 - ISA550W AV not updating) for that.

nyregionalcisco Wed, 11/13/2013 - 06:54
User Badges:

Hello!

Were you told this was system (ISA Appliance) wide?

Or just your (and now my) device?

Thanks

Rick

H. Erne Wed, 11/13/2013 - 09:09
User Badges:

Hi,

I did not get any information whether this is a common problem or not. However, the "AV not updating" bug is listed as CSCug66841 in the V1.2.18 release notes, so I would assume this is rather common (other known/resolved bugs do not make it into the release notes)...

For me the V1.2.18 did not fix the AV update issue, although it did change the error message when running a manual update. It now says "update already in progress" instead of "unknown error during update". Thats why I filed anoter bug report for V1.2.18. The one I filed for V1.2.17 was already closed some months ago...

Regarding that the devices are EOL soon, I would not place too much hope into that being fixed any more...

Best regards!

nyregionalcisco Wed, 11/13/2013 - 13:11
User Badges:

Thanks,

I'll get a ticket started.

I trust the Cisco pros that work out the bugs should find this one an easy fix!

Rick