cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7965 Not Loading Background images

abrashic
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to load a 7965 with a new background image.

Running CME 9.1 and the phone registers with no issues.

My png files are loaced in flash:/Desktops/320x216x16 with the following List.xml file.

CiscoIPPhoneImageList>

<ImageItem Image="TFTP:/Desktops/320x216x16/TN-map2.png" URL="TFTP:/Desktops/320x216x16/map2.png"/>

</CiscoIPPhoneImageList>

When I go into the phone and select User Preferences/Background Images,  debug shows that the phone TFTPs the List.xml file but is all stops there.

Not sure what is going on but I can get to the files from web access and TFTP.

Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

Gary Tong
Level 1
Level 1

You need to allow tftp file access by "tftp-server flash:" commands for these 3 files.

That was already done otherwise i could not have tftp'd the files off the router.  The phone downloads the List.xml file but does not act on the file 

Stand Corrected...

It is a 7975G.  Have fixed the problem yet not sure why....

It was definitely in the List.xml file although I can't see what has changed.

I wound up downloading a List.xml file from another system and modifying it and it works...

A little frustrating but perhaps there were some hidden characters that I did not see.

Most likely that was the case, when copying from the webpage you get hidden characters and they can cause this to happen, you would need to manually copy the example into a notepad to avoid that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: