Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VWIC2-1MFT-G703, Status up and Line Protocol DOWN

I have one cisco 2911 router with point to point leased line connection.

At my end fiber line is connected to CPE modem, from CPE modem to E1 modem, from E1 modem to v.35. from v.35 to router serial interface. same connectivity at my another location also. Its working fine now.

At my side i have removed E1 and V.35 modems. I have installed one VWIC2-1MFT-g703 card on to my cisco 2911 router in

NM-HDV2 slot.

Connected a cat5 cable from CPE modem to RJ-45 (1, 2 pins (Rx) and 4, 5 pins (Tx)) in VWIC2 card.

Configuration i have done is:

card type e1 0 3

controller e1 0/3/0

clock source line

channel group 0 unframed      <<--(my line is unframed on both ends)

interface serial 0/3/0:0

ip add 172.170.79.1 255.255.255.0

If i give "show ip interface brief" it is showing status is UP and line protocol is DOWN. Reliability is 128/255.

If i connect my modems in the topology its working fine. But i am facing this protocol down problem in VWIC2 only.

Please help me what should i do.

2 Replies 2

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

The fact that you are sweeing a status of up/down - to me means that the

layer1 is up so the carrier is being received etc.

However the reliability is 128/255-  pretty rough.

This could be a clocking issue.

Can you try

controller e1 0/3/0

clock source internal

This should provide a transmit clock on this router and leave the other end to recover the clock from line.

Regards,
Alex.
Please rate useful posts.

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Hi Vijaya,

I would suggest you to check the clocking with ISP, if clocking is being provided by the ISP then what is that and configure it accordingly or if clocking is managed by you then internal keyword should work with line on other side.

At the same time, could you post any logs which router is generating during use of VWIC, it will might help us to see what exactly needed to do in this case.

Regards

Amit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: