Jabber for Windows client Voice Mail issue

Unanswered Question
Nov 13th, 2013
User Badges:

hi, cisco guys

i have a collaboration test for my customer in resent days.

the follow picture is the topo of my test system

1.  cucm1 use ICT non-GK trunk to connected with cucm2 and the ip phones with dn 56xx registered on cm1

the iphones and jabber clients with dn 54xx registered on cm2

QQ图片20131113174610.jpg

2. cm2 intergrated with Unity Connection server and  Cups server

the version of cm1 and cm2 and unity connection is 8.6.2-21900

the version of cups is 8.6.4

3.  the issue occurrenced when the ip phone user 5412 call to 5411 but no answered, user 5412 sent a

voice mail to user 5411,only MVI of the ip phone 9951 with dn 5411 turned on but jabber client wihtout any prompt message

but when the user 5665 which  registered on cm1 called user 5411 and sent a voice mail , status in normal,

mvi turned on , the jabber client also can  recived the prompt message and the the vocie mail could be played on the jabber client

what's the issue  probably be caused by & how can i solve it

need your help!!!!

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Qiyu Bao Wed, 11/13/2013 - 04:30
User Badges:

need help

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Qiyu Bao Wed, 11/13/2013 - 05:01
User Badges:

any one can help me?

Qiyu Bao Thu, 11/14/2013 - 03:55
User Badges:

no answer

Hythim Ali El Hadad Mon, 11/25/2013 - 12:00
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Hi Bao,

I don't know if you have a specific subnets permitted in the CUPS ACL

Regards

Haitham

Jonathan Schulenberg Mon, 12/09/2013 - 05:12
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony

I don't know if you have a specific subnets permitted in the CUPS ACL

This is dangerous and incorrect guidence. The Incoming ACL allows the addresses defined to bypass authentication. In other words, I could impersonate your CEO if I wanted to. There are only two common use cases where doing this is appropriate: 1) the CUxAC server IP; or 2) older versions of CCX where CAD didn't support DIGEST authentication.

As for the original question: your English is difficult to understand. Is the following problem statement accurate?

• When 5412 on CM2 leaves a voicemail for 5411 on CM2, the MWI is lit for 5411 but Jabber does not reflect the waiting message?

If this is accurate, is the message also shown in the Web Inbox? https:///inbox

The serverIP should be the CUC server defined in the voicemail profile on CUPS for the user who owns 5411.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Qiyu Bao Mon, 12/09/2013 - 19:09
User Badges:

hi  Jonathan

the message shown in the web inbox

Jonathan Schulenberg Mon, 12/09/2013 - 19:14
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony

Ok, assuming that is the same IP address shown under Help > Server Status/Health in Jabber then you'll need to pull logs to figure this out. The question will be why doesn't the Jabber client get notified of the new message; depending on the version this is either over IMAP IDLE or HTTP but the log is the same.

%localappdata%\cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Logs

There is also a .\Voicemail directory but I don't recall there being useful logs there.

If you're not familiar with reading Jabber logs it's probably time to open a TAC case.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content