Views
Helpful
Replies

FQDN

Mero Cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I haven't used a proxy server. I have used nat for Internet traffic. The internet traffic passes through asa 5520. I want to log the full address of the Internet page visited by Internet client, how is this possible ?

Regards

Mero

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

At the code level you're at, I don't think there is any option for logging URLs. You'll have to get some kind of service that performs web filtering. That will generate reports of where people are visiting.

Some of the SaaS offerings for this are very good and reasonably priced.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

rfalconer.sffcu
Level 3
Level 3

What version are you running? If you are on later than 8.2(3),  If you put 'inspect http' in your policy map, it should resolve the URL.

Dear Falconer,

Thanks for your kind support. I have got the following version.

Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 7.2(4)

What to do now ? My traffic passes through 1841,  3925 and 2800 series router, can I log through this routers.

Regards,

Mero

As far as I know, you can't log through any of the other routers.

Have you considered an upgrade to the ASA? That code must be over 4 years old.

Dear Falconer,

Currently I have got only one of this hardware, so, can't take risk, if something goes wrong, I don't have got any other option. What features have it got else this one?

Regards,

Mero

At the code level you're at, I don't think there is any option for logging URLs. You'll have to get some kind of service that performs web filtering. That will generate reports of where people are visiting.

Some of the SaaS offerings for this are very good and reasonably priced.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card