Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to assign users in Presence

ivan aguilar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Recently i have installed Presence 9, which i can see all users but when i want to assign users shows 0 users.

Is connected Presence to ccm , so which can be the problem?

presence.JPG

presence2.JPG

So i am unable to use my jabber for example.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you mean you only want IM&P but no voice, configure the UC service, the service profile, check under the user

Enable User for Unified CM IM and Presence (Configure IM and Presence in the associated UC Service Profile)

And associate the service profile you created.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hi Ivan.

You cannot assign users, because cups reports 0 licensed users (you see 67 end users because CUPS queries CUCM through AXL user).

If you have enough cups license, please try to check presence service through serviceability page and, in case, try to restart presence service.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

garethpeart
Level 3
Level 3

Have you assigned the license capabilities to the users in CUCM? (System > Licensing > Capabilities Assignment)

Gareth

Hi

Do i need license for use a jabber for example? I thought that was free.

About capabilities i have ccm9 so is in different site add it, i need to find where to do it in this version.

Thanks.

If you mean you only want IM&P but no voice, configure the UC service, the service profile, check under the user

Enable User for Unified CM IM and Presence (Configure IM and Presence in the associated UC Service Profile)

And associate the service profile you created.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Hi Jaime

What i want is use jabber without a license, so i think is only as you say for IM&P not for voice.

I have created a Device profile for a user and associated to it.

The problem is in Presence i still dont see any user assigned and in Jabber ask me for introduce a domain, i have installed a openLDAP with authentication by telephones, so i have not any domain.

Thanks.

Hi Jaime

I just added all users to Presence with your steps, thanks a lot.

Only one more question, is needed add contact in Cupuser one by one or is there any way to add all at once?

Thanks!

Hi  again

My problem is Jabber enter in "domain.not.set" so i can not add any users, just only from Cupuser, how can i add a domain in CCM?

In service parameters I added the name and in LDAP I add a openLDAP with auth telephone, but still i can not enter with the domain in jabber, what more do i need?

thanks.

Hi

I can change from Presence the "domain.not.set" for other and appears in CUPUser, but only shows a different name, i can not access from Presence to all users in CCM.

I think it could be a issue about Resource Priority Namespace Network Domain, after configure one in CCM, when i see dependecies is empty, how can i add this Resource for users?

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: