We would like to have clear call reports for some users. Here is what we tried from CDR Analysis and Reporting.
1. CDR->Search by Phone Number: it did generate some level of reports in the table in webpage, but there is no call duration information and it will be a pain to export the report because it will be only in raw data;
2. If we export the CDR directly, we do have complete data, but we don't have a good way to read the raw data again.
Any suggestion to generate a readable call report easily? Thank you.
In order to pull CDR information, you can perform the following steps:
1. Go to 'Cisco Unified Serviceability' of the Publisher and click on Go.
2. Select Tools -> CDR Analysis and Reporting.
3. Go to CDR -> Export CDR/CMR.
4. Select the From and To date. (Make sure you have 'CDR Records' option selected)
5. Click on Export to file.
6. Right Click on 'CDR Dump' and save it using Save Target as/Save link as.
7. If you want to retain the CDR file in the call manager, please 'uncheck' the Delete File option.
Now the file would be saved on your system and you can open it in Microsoft
Excel using the following steps to have it in a readable format.
1. Open Excel -> File -> Open -> Select the file saved -> click on open.
2. Use 'Delimited' -> Next
3. Select 'Tab' and 'Comma' as the Delimiters -> Click on Next.
4. Select Current data format as General -> Finish.
Now, you should be able to view all the details in a Spreadsheet.
Note that the time of the records under 'dateTimeOrigination' coloumn would be in Epoch Time. It is the number of seconds that have elapsed since January 1, 1970 (midnight UTC/GMT), not counting leap seconds (in ISO 8601:
In order to convert it in human readable format, you can look for Epoch convertor that is easily available on the internet.
You can also visit the following link to use a formula to convert the time into human readable format.
Jagpreet Singh Barmi