Views
Helpful
Replies

SW conferencing Issue

olusojioyatayo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Pal,

Am having trouble in making conferencing on my cisco 7965 model. I get the "cannot complete conferencing" error whenever i tried conferencing the third person.

Kindly assist with your resolution and tips to get this resolved.

7 Replies 7

Hi.

Which version of CUCM or CUCME are you running?

Please let me know.

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Am running

System version: 7.1.5.11901-1

Hi,

This normally happens when there is a CODEC mis match between the 2 end points. When you said 3rd party, is that the PSTN Number you are trying? or any Number where you need a xcoder to play a role?

Please rate if that helps.

Mohsin.

By the 3rd party i mean the 3rd DN.

This is the scenario of what happens. whenever a call is initiate form A to B, then conferencing C drops the call with B and establish the call with C and a message is diplayed on A " cannot complete conference"

Hi.

First verify that conference bridge is correctly registered on cucm and that is associated with Media Resource Group an Media Resource Group List.

If Phones are in different location, verify that the location allows enough bandwidth to establish a call conference.

Let me know

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi Carlo,

The conference bridge are well configured and the phone has same location with unlimited bandwidth.

Appreciate further assistance

Location is only for BW between sites...it doesn't determine CODEC.  Take a look at the Region configurations.  If the SW conference bridge is in a different region than the phones and you are using defaults, the intra-region codec default is G.729.  However, SW resources only support G.711.  You will need to ensure that the region assigned to the phone specifies G.711 for calls between that region and region(s) where SW media resources are deployed.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: