cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route Pattern / Extension Issue

James Carlson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! I'm currently having an issue with a new block of extensions in Call Manager 7.1.5.

We recently ordered a new block of DIDs. The telco sends us the last 4 digits. The last 4 are 9XXX. When dialing these extensions internally, there is an 8-10 second pause of dead air and then it eventually rings through to the phone.

All of my Route Patterns for each site start with a " 9. "

2.jpg

My guess is that when dialing the extension, Call Manager tries to match it to a Route Pattern since it starts with a "9" followed by 3 digits. After it cycles through the Route Patterns and doesn't match it, it eventually routes it to the phone. Is this what's happening? And if so, any thoughts to how I alleviate this issue?

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

well, you can set up a Translation Pattern with 9XXX and urgent priority, with its CSS pointing towards a partition that contains the 9XXX phone number.

G.

Jagpreet Barmi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi James,

It appears to be correct. Due to overlapping pattern, the call manager would wait for an inter-digit timeout to expire and route the calls to the correct pattern.

As a workaround, you can try to lower the T302 Timer(inter-digit timeout) in call manager to 4-5 seconds (Service Parameters -> Cisco Call Manager -> T302 Timer).

As this issue is experienced with overlapping pattern, the best way to resolve it to design your dial plan efficient so that there is no overlapping.

HTH,

Jagpreet Singh Barmi

If you set the TP as mentioned, if by any chance you need to dial something in the PSTN with the same 4 initial numbers as a DN, you'll never be able to reach it, that's a very, very bad solution.

Only way to fully overcome overlapping, is to re-design the dial plan.

You might want to try and ask telco if they can send more digits and change those DIDs from 4 to X digits.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: