Views
Helpful
Replies

Changins Subnet Mask and Gateway for CUCM & CUC 8.6

Jagsuvce G
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Am planning for cutting down the Subnet of Telecom Servers IP Range. Once i do this, all CUCM & CUC servers Subnet mask and Gateway has to be changed, but IP Address remains the same.

Changing the Subnet mask and Gateway will impact anything or any precautionary measures or any procedures to be followed ??

Pls suggest.

Regards

Jagadish G                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jagadish,

I was just referring the DOC which I have attached which says

Initial Trust List and Certificate Regeneration

If you change the IP address or the hostname of a server in a Cisco Unified Communications Manager release 8.0 or later cluster, the Initial Trust List (ITL) file and the certificates in the ITL are regenerated. The regenerated files do not match the files stored on the phones.

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not if youre using MCS, otherwise, youll need to rehost the licenses as it affects the license MAC

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes we are using Cisco MCS 7800 series servers. How will the mac gets affected ??

It wont, that only affects if you are running over ESXi

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jagadish,

you can refer the link for details

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Licensing_Model_for_Virtualized_UC_Applications

regds,

aman

So i can go a head and change the subnet mask and default gateway without any measures right ??

Hi Jagadish,

you can do that.

you can refer the link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/8_0_2/ipchange/ipchg802.html

regds,

aman

Hi,

Will the ITL files gets changed/regenerated after changing only the Subnet Mask & Gateway ??.

Hi Jagadish,

I was just referring the DOC which I have attached which says

Initial Trust List and Certificate Regeneration

If you change the IP address or the hostname of a server in a Cisco Unified Communications Manager release 8.0 or later cluster, the Initial Trust List (ITL) file and the certificates in the ITL are regenerated. The regenerated files do not match the files stored on the phones.

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: