Downgrade Publisher to Subscriber??

Answered Question
Nov 20th, 2013
User Badges:

Hello again everyone!

I'm exploring the possibility of integrating our CUCM cluster into another cluster.  In our existing cluster, we have one server, a publisher (so, technically, it's not a cluster, eh??!).  We  have no subscriber (we have only maybe 100 users).  I'm not even sure what I want to do is even possible and I can't seem to find anyone who's done what I want to do or is even crazy enough to comtemplate doing so.  If it is possible, we would integrate to an existing cluster that already has a publisher and we would be subscriber number 6.  Is this possible and/or is this even worth contemplating?

Thanks very much in advance!!

Kiley                  

Correct Answer by Jaime Valencia about 3 years 9 months ago

Yes, but you need to wipe out your whole configuration, there can only be one PUB per cluster.

Wipe out all the config from the server, and reinstall as a SUB for the other cluster.

If you don't want to lose the config, better just create trunks between them and keep 2 clusters, or use BAT to move the config and phones and re-use the server as a SUB for the other cluster.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Jaime Valencia Wed, 11/20/2013 - 15:17
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Yes, but you need to wipe out your whole configuration, there can only be one PUB per cluster.

Wipe out all the config from the server, and reinstall as a SUB for the other cluster.

If you don't want to lose the config, better just create trunks between them and keep 2 clusters, or use BAT to move the config and phones and re-use the server as a SUB for the other cluster.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

Kiley Arena Wed, 11/20/2013 - 15:22
User Badges:

Jaime,

Well, that is most unfortunate!  Although, the number of users is small, I don't look forward to essentially rebuilding the box as a subscriber and batting the configs and phones in.  Hmmmm,  thanks so very much for your quick response - I'll have to think more about this!

Kiley

Actions

This Discussion