Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Service Profile config failure

Unanswered Question
Nov 22nd, 2013
User Badges:
  • Red, 2250 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Unified Computing, Storage Networking

C220-M3 managed by UCSM 2.1.3a.

SP derived from template;

Why this misleading error message ? One information says no associated server, the other says unit-27 ?

What is the meaning of restrict migration ? is this set automatically ?

The template doesn't assign any server (pool)

xyz.png

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
alois.heilmaier... Fri, 11/22/2013 - 07:59
User Badges:

does the network konfiguration match with the hardware ?

I had an error a while ago (c260 M2) because I could not configure more than ohne vlan to the onboard network cards. I had to get a vNic 1225 to configure more than one vnic or a vnic with more than one vlan.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Keny Perez Fri, 11/22/2013 - 08:02
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

Walter,

"If you want to restrict the migration of the service profile after it has been associated with a server, check the Restrict Migration. check box.

If you choose not to restrict migration, Cisco UCS Manager  does not perform any  compatibility checks on the new server before  migrating the existing service profile. If the hardware of both servers  are not similar,  the association might fail."

"If you choose not to restrict migration, Cisco UCS Manager  does not perform any  compatibility checks on the new server before  migrating the existing service profile. If the hardware of both servers  are not similar,  the association might fail."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/gui/config/guide/2.1/b_UCSM_GUI_Configuration_Guide_2_1_chapter_0100001.html

That new service profile is coming from a template, as you can see below the warning it gives the option to unbind from the template, so be sure none of the Pools the template is using are not depleted, that might be the issue.

Let me know.

-Kenny

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content