Views
Helpful
Replies

Best place to get a complete list of Cisco Product IDs

Rob Johnson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm tyring to find one place to get a complete list of Cisco product IDs-

I woud like the list to include hardware and software products like LMS, WCS, NCS, Prime Infrastructure, CNR, etc

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hmmmmm ... Internally, Cisco's probably got over a dozen of databases with this.

For us mortal fools, I'd go to the Cisco Download website. 

thanks leo.

it can be frustrating having to jump all over to find a product ID when there's surely/hopefully 1 cental local that has a complete list.

it can be frustrating having to jump all over to find a product ID when there's surely/hopefully 1 cental local that has a complete list.

LOL!  I'm sure it can be.

I would go to the Cisco Download main page.  And here, you have two ways of determining it.  You can either scroll down the description list until you hit the last window which gives you the complete PID or you just type in a few characters.

The downside to all of this are some small parts like, rack mounting kits, SFPs, NM/NME which are not found here.

Sorry, I can't help you other than that.  Like I said, you should have more access since you are employed by Cisco and have access to behind-the-scene restrictred applications. 

As someone from outside of Cisco, I would go to the Cisco Commerce Workspace as there are all Product-IDs of orderable items available. But I'm pretty sure for someone with internal access there has to be a way that's even easier ... ;-)

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card