cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Info on FireEye performance

b.keat
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have any information on Packets/Second for FireEye appliances?  Not performance of analysis for Malware, attacks, etc, just overall simple how many packets can it process while inline before dropping packets.

I have been unable to get this info from FireEye, and I can't be the first person to wonder if the appliance will roll over under a heavy load.

Thanks,

Bob Keat

2 Replies 2

tidavids
Level 1
Level 1

Bob,

I'm not sure this is a relevant conversation for a Cisco forum - but I'll provide an answer just the same.

FireEye lists the appliance performance on their respective datasheets.  In the event that perfomance bandwidth is exceeded, the appliance will not "roll".  However, if an oversubscription condition lasts long enough - it could impede the products ability to identify new malware.

Your local FireEye represenstative or certified channel partner should be able to answer more detailed questions on the topic or assist with an overall design.

Thanks for the reply.

FireEye and our vendor have been unable to supply packets per second performance info, only BW and Malware ID info.  I figure I'd take a shot here, as everything else we have is Cisco.  I hoped someone else had put the FireEye devices into production and could share performance.

I'm not as worried about Malware as I am packet drops.