Views
Helpful
Replies

PLW400 Speed drop and other issues

Purpl3Stuff
Level 1
Level 1

Hi..

I bought the PLW400 a while back and it's been working perfectly for months!.. but two weeks ago it stopped working.. so I turned it off and back on but still didn't work. So I did a full reset and reconfigured everything and it finally worked.. but the speed dropped from 20mb to 1mb!! and every few hours it stops working and appear to have lost connection or sometimes it works but with a super slow (dial up like) speed! and sometimes when it stops all of the sudden I see the LEDs blinking slow or turned off!

I've tried to plug it in different places and it was all the same, but when I tried plugging it in next to the main device in the same room I got 10mb.. better but still! my original speed when connecting directly to my router is 40mb!!  What's going on here?

Has anyone else experienced something like this? can someone please help me?

1 Reply 1

cindy toy
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Husam,

Thank you for your questio.  However this community is for Cisco Small Business Products and the PLW400 is a Linksys product.  Here is the area that may help you further with your question. http://support.linksys.com/en-us/support/powerline/PLW400

Regards,
Cindy Toy
Cisco Small Business Community Manager
for Cisco Small Business Products
www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport
twitter: CiscoSBsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!