Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS OBTP issue

tpengineer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am working on an issue where TMS is not pushing the meetings on devices like CTS 3000 / MX 300 , when selecting 'One button to push' while scheduling the meetings. If I select Automatic connect, it works fine.

TMS version : 13.2.1

CTS end-point version : 1.8.3

MX 300 version : TC5.0.1

It seems to be an intermittent issue, as client confirmed that it used to work before and while performing the testing, it worked at some occasions.

I tried CTS-CTS booking via TMS, no meetings pushed.

I tried two non  CTS end-points ( MX 300 and SX20) - no meeting pushed .

Also, Just to highlight incase it's worth noting, that client had outlook and CTS Manager integration at some point of time in the past but they jumped to TMS now ..though the CTS Manager is not completely removed from the infrastructure.

Any inputs please ?

Thank You.

12 Replies 12

daleritc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to get CT Man completely out of the picture and then re-evaluate...meaning you can't have two scheduling/management systems in the mix.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HI Dale,

Thanks for replying back on this.

can you please advise whether CTS Manager needs to be just shut down at DC and remove from the Core or there would be some configuration changes also required at any of the Core devices to delete CTS Manager settings. For eg : CUCM or any meetings which were pre-configured on outlook......do you think those meetings also needs to be deleted and mailboxes also needs to be deleted for each room ?

Appreciate your help on this.

Thank You

Just CTS Man would need to be shutdown and to your question, this would dependent upon how they actually "migrated" to TMS/TMSXE....assuming TMSXE is in the mix here as well since you mention Outlook?

At the moment, as far as I know they are just using TMS GUI interface to do the scheduling, but I will try to gather more information whether they are using TMSXE as well or not ..

And, if it just require to shut down the CTS Manager , I can try to do it remotely via web interface and then do another test booking on TMS using OBTP.

Thanks.

Also, can you advise , if CTS Manager would be shut down, but they have TMSXE running , would that allow users to do the booking either using outlook or TMS GUI without any conflicting issues...or only one can be used.

The TMSXE integration is about the ability for users to book "video meeting rooms" via MS Outlook. Therefore, one would expect if a customer as TMSXE, then their users would be primarily booking via Outlook and not via the TMS UI...meaning more natural for the user in Outlook vs. a UI...if you see my point?

However, and because its a synchronous solution, then one can go into the TMS UI and book directly in TMS and those bookings will sync to the resource mailboxes in Exchange. And keep in mind, TMS will always be the scheduling 'source of truth' for those systems integrated with TMSXE. TMSXE being the 'bridge' between TMS and the resource mailboxes on Exchange.

Gotcha !!

Let me discuss with client next week and get more details on TMSXE ....and ask him to get rid of CTS Manager completely as I know they are not using it anymore .

I will further get back to you with results.

Thank you.

Hello,

I am going to remotely shut down the CTS manager for this client, but at the moment, there are few recurrsive meetings showing on CTM for year 2013 and 2014 which are in error as just included one CTS room, all these meetings are already been pushed to the CTS phone as well, as user see those meetings on the phone.

My question is, once the CTM will be shut down, would that remove all the meetings on the phone as well as we don't want them to be migrated to TMS ?

Yesterday, user tried to book 2 rooms using outlook, but we couldn' see that meeting being pushed to either CTS Manager or TMS, and as I said, evern if I do a booking via TMS UI, OBTP is not wokring. I will repeat these tests once the CTS Manager will be shut down but thought to check if there is anything I need to keep in mind before shutting down CTM.

Thank you.

Hi Dale,

I have shut down the CTS Manager and tried to book the meeting on TMS, but still it's not pushing onto the CTS end-points or MX300 end-points..

The version on CTS is : CTS 1.8.3(4)

The version on MX300 : TC5.0.1.275220

TMS : 13.2.1

When I book the meeting, I can see it in TMS conference control center as Idle, I can se it on TP server ...but it's just not pushing onto the end-points.

When I went through the logs on CTS , I found :

2013-12-11 00:10:09.310: [tid 17160] GetSwitchPolicyStatus [InboundIfs] Enter confID 0

2013-12-11 00:10:09.310: [tid 17160] GetSwitchPolicyStatus ERROR: Failed to get conference

2013-12-11 00:10:09.312: [tid 17160] GetPhoneUIFlag [InboundIfs] Enter confID 0, flagKey 1

2013-12-11 00:10:09.312: [tid 17160] GetPhoneUIFlag ERROR: Failed to get conference

2013-12-11 00:10:09.313: [tid 17160] GetPhoneUIFlag [InboundIfs] Enter confID 0, flagKey 3

2013-12-11 00:10:09.313: [tid 17160] GetPhoneUIFlag ERROR: Failed to get conference

2013-12-11 00:10:09.314: [tid 17160] execute Enter CGetConferenceLockStatusMethod

Also, how can we get rid of meetings which were pushed byCTS Manager to CTS end-points as they all were showing in error in CTS Manager but still pushed tovthe IP phones, how can I delete them from CTS Ip Phone ?

Any inputs what should be the next troubleshooign step.

Thank You

I have also tested automatic connect works perfectly fine when booked via TMS.

Back in the day when I used CTS-Man, the answer to 99% of problems was to restart the CTI Managaer service on CUCM.

While there's a good chance this won't help, it's probably worth a try if you've only just removed CTS-Man from the picture.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply.

As you mentioned, I re-started the CTI service and booked a new meeting, but as client was out of business hours ..I couldn't get chance to confirm the status on IP Phone/Touch panel and while countinuing my investigation, I had to give a re-start to TMS server for something, now client confirmed me that he can see meetings on device but I am not sure which one did the magic - restart of CTI service or TMS re-start ... :-)

But, Thanks guys for your responses and if anyone is sure of what actually resolved it out of two, please let me know.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: