Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Webex Client Redistributable

Unanswered Question
Dec 2nd, 2013
User Badges:

Hi All,

We currently do not allow our users to be administrators on their machines. Consequently, this makes software installation a headache . Especially for webinstalled software such as webex. I am looking for a Webex Client Redistributable that I can push out to all our machines using SCCM or Group Policy. Any idea where I might find this or if such thing exists? That or a better way to manage webex client installs when users aren't administrators? I could add it to the image, but then as soon as the version changes and requires a later version I'm back in the same boat.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Daniel Tootell Tue, 12/03/2013 - 09:54
User Badges:

Thanks for your recommendations. I have tried downloading and installing the suggested .MSI, atmcie2.msi. After installing, I see the "Cisco WebEx Meeting Center for Internet Explorer" in my add and remove programs. However, when I try to join a meeting with Internet Explorer (specifically the test webex hosted here http://www.webex.com/test-meeting.html) I still get a UAC prompt to install another WebEx program. After I let this run I see another program installed, just called "WebEx" with publisher "Cisco WebEx LLC" and no version number. Only after this is installed am I able to join a meeting incident free as a non-administrator. This is the program I am looking to preinstall.

Susan McEvilly Tue, 12/03/2013 - 10:26
User Badges:

I understand.

I'd suggest calling WebEx Tech Support and asking for the file and help testing, if you need it.  If the Agent can't help, s/he will escalate to Level 2 for you.

WebEx Tech support answers the phone 24 x 7 x 365:  866-229-3239.  For fastest response, select option #1 and then #2.  They usually come on in less than one minute.

That'd be my recommendation.  Apologies if you've already tried that.

Good luck!

Susan

Actions

This Discussion