configuring WL profile on 7925g phone

Unanswered Question
Dec 3rd, 2013
User Badges:

I am using template (which I just created) to configure wireless profile on 7925g phones. This template is saved on network share so all the techs can access it.   Here is what I do now to configure WL on a 7925 phone---

-using usb cable, I plug-in the phone in my laptop

-go to web interface

-go to BackUp Settings

-type the encryption Key (in Backup settings menu)

-import template from network to my phone

-phone reboots

BUT, wireless connection on the phone doesn't work until I go back to web interface and re type the Pre-Shared Key again. Is there anyway to save this key in my template so I don't have to do this step over and over agin? Thanks

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Leo Laohoo Tue, 12/03/2013 - 14:58
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

Gary Dubey Wed, 12/04/2013 - 07:19
User Badges:

Thanks for your reply but I believe this NOT what I am trying to do....before I add this phone to CUCM, I need to create wireless profile.

Leo Laohoo Wed, 12/04/2013 - 13:39
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

wireless connection on the phone doesn't work until I go back to web interface and re type the Pre-Shared Key again.

Hmmmmm ... Maybe something wrong with the firmware the phone is using?  While you have the phone connected via USB cable, could you upgrade to, say 1.4(3) and later?

Actions

This Discussion