cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

configuring WL profile on 7925g phone

G3261
Level 4
Level 4

I am using template (which I just created) to configure wireless profile on 7925g phones. This template is saved on network share so all the techs can access it.   Here is what I do now to configure WL on a 7925 phone---

-using usb cable, I plug-in the phone in my laptop

-go to web interface

-go to BackUp Settings

-type the encryption Key (in Backup settings menu)

-import template from network to my phone

-phone reboots

BUT, wireless connection on the phone doesn't work until I go back to web interface and re type the Pre-Shared Key again. Is there anyway to save this key in my template so I don't have to do this step over and over agin? Thanks

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks for your reply but I believe this NOT what I am trying to do....before I add this phone to CUCM, I need to create wireless profile.

wireless connection on the phone doesn't work until I go back to web interface and re type the Pre-Shared Key again.

Hmmmmm ... Maybe something wrong with the firmware the phone is using?  While you have the phone connected via USB cable, could you upgrade to, say 1.4(3) and later?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: