Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to login to ISE 1.2 via Cli

CSCO10675262_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a weird problem; after changing the default admin password on cli and rebooting the unit; i am no longer able to login via cli. Instead I get the following message:

% Error: Unable to launch ADE-OS shell. Disk full.

The ISE is running 1.2 with patch 3 installed.

If I try to access via web, it is running normally. I was wondering if anyone encounter such issue and any suggestions on how to fix it?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Naresh Ginjupalli
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

you may be probably hitting one of these two defects.

CSCuj52520 or

CSCuj97832.

There are workarounds for these two defects and initially we need to know if it is the problem due to Admin user previleges corruption or issue with MNT DB growing in size and occupying the entire tablespace.

I suspect this could be a Admin privilege corruption and can be fixed with Rescue ISO image.

Can you please raise SR with TAC who can provide you with Rescue ISO image and help you in implementing the workaround.

Does the disk on ISE clean automatically?

Hi Jeroen,

There is a purge mechanism which will cleans up the MNT data.

Purging  is  based on the percentage of consumed disk space for the  database. When the consumed disk space for the monitoring database is  equal to or exceeds the threshold (the default is 80 percent), the purge  process starts. This process deletes only the last seven days of  monitoring data, irrespective of what is configured in the Admin portal.  It will continue this process in a loop until the disk space is below  80 percent. Purging always checks the Monitoring database disk space  limit before proceeding.

The logs on the ISE node will also get rolled over based on the size of the files.

Hi Nginjupa,

Appreciate for the update. I would agree with you on the possiblility of the corruption of the admin account as this only occured after changing the password of the default admin account. I will proceed to open a tac case for it.

Thanks.