Helpful
Replies

C20 Full HD

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

C20 can make Full HD Video Calls?

There is some table with the resolution and bandwith that shows what is HD and whats is FULL HD?

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***
5 Replies 5

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Yes, but you need to have the PremiumResolution option key installed, see page 114 of the admin guide for call rates/resolution/frame rates:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/quick-set-c20/tc6/administration_guide/profile-c20-and-quickset-c20-administrator-guide-tc62.pdf

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Thanks,

Whats resolution is full HD and HD?

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

Hi Leo,

HD -  720p  i.e

1280 x 720

Full HD:

1920 x 1080

As mentioned by Jens,

C20 comes with and HD option in order to make  PR premium resolution  you would have to install the keys

On HD you can make calls upto

720p 30fps

on  Premium resoltion PR

1080p 30/60 fps

720p  60  fps

Hope this helps

Regards

Ravi kr.

I think this answer is given in the link Jens refers to above, but for your reference:

High Definition is anything that support 720p (1280x720) - which is standard on the C20's

Full HD is anything that supports 1080i/p (1920x1080) - which is only available with the Premium Resolution licence.

Without the Premium Resolution licence, the C20 can "output" a 1080p image to the screen, but will only transmit 720p to the far end.

What I don't know is what is happening internally. I.e. is the camera actually outputting a 1080p image to the CODEC via HDMI, the the CODEC is forcibly down scaling/sampling the resolution to 720p from transmission, or is the input from the Camera limited in software to 720, which means that if you output a 1080p image to the local screen you are essentially getting the CODEC to upscale the resolution (but still forcibly connecting to a remote unit using 720p).

Chris

Hi Chris,

If you have a 1080P camera, the camera and codec will work at 1080p locally.  The self-view, or any content that is fed in locally, will display at 1080p.  It is only the video that is transmitted to another participant that is downscaled to 720p (or lower depending on the available bandwidth) without the Premium Resolution licence.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if aprpopriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.