Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding 7800 Phones on CUCM 8.6/9.1

fodermat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi folks,

We just bought a brand new 7821 Phone and wanted to test it internally in our labs.

We´ve downloaded the COP file mentioned in the Release Notes (cmterm-78xx.10-1-1-9.cop.sgn), restarted TFTP Service, even restarted the Server, but there is still not a single 78xx phone type showing up under the Phones list.

We have tested with the following versions:

8.6.2.20000-2

9.1.1.20000-5

The release notes state it should work with versions 8.5+.

Am I missing something? Do we need an additional package to make it work?

Thanks

Javi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Prasad
Level 5
Level 5

I think you need to install new device pack to enable new device support in cucm.

This link will help you to find the compatibility matrix . - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/devpack_comp_mtx.html

Cucm 9.1 dev pack do not support 7821 , so you need to download for 8.6 at this link - http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283782839&flowid=45898&softwareid=282074299&release=8.6.2%2824103%29&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest and test it.

Note- after installation cluster wide restart necessary.

Please rate if this help.

View solution in original post

28 Replies 28

Manish Prasad
Level 5
Level 5

I think you need to install new device pack to enable new device support in cucm.

This link will help you to find the compatibility matrix . - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/devpack_comp_mtx.html

Cucm 9.1 dev pack do not support 7821 , so you need to download for 8.6 at this link - http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283782839&flowid=45898&softwareid=282074299&release=8.6.2%2824103%29&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest and test it.

Note- after installation cluster wide restart necessary.

Please rate if this help.

Hi Javi,

Can u please share show version active from the CUCM server where u have uploaded 7821 firmware ?

Hope u have uploaded latest DEVPack.

I find that there is one Device pack for Administration Capability only  for 7821/7841/7861 phone.Did u upload this also?

regds,

aman

Thanks Prasad, I was missing the device package. It Could have been specified in the RN...

Javi

Hi Javi,

Just for sake of knowledge, did u upload Adminsitration Capability Device Pack as well?

If possible, please share show version active.

regds,

aman

Does anybody know, whether the CUCM 9.1.2 supports the 7800 series natively (w/o dev pack)?

Hi Nico,

DEvice pack is required for 7821 if u are  using Call Manager 9.1.2.

same can be downloaded from  http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?i=!y&mdfid=284510097&softwareid=282074299&release=9.1(2.11013)&os=

regds,

aman

Hello Community, really no chance to activate only 78xx Phones on CUCM 8.6.2 w/o install the complete Device Package?

Regards

Armin

HTH, please rate all useful posts and right answers.

Hi Armin,

There is no other option at this moment other than installing the device pack.

Manish

Hi Manish, really thanks for your response. May be that is a option --- > At the Endpoint section 7800 I found this cop file regarding 78xx Phones. I install it, restart cluster, but still no 78xx entrys in device defaults. It seems it is only to install the software only files.

7821/7841/7861 SIP IP Phone load signed COP file - Compatible CUCM Versions: 8.5(1)+

cmterm-78xx.10-1-1-9.cop.sgn

I saw on Comp Matrix there is a Cisco Unified IP Phone 7821, 7841, and 7861 Administration Capability Only

What is Administration Capability Only?

The Goal is don´t touch the other Phoneloads and add only the possiblity to add 78xx Phones at 8.6.2.

Can I use Cisco Unified IP Phone 7821, 7841, and 7861 Administration Capability Only?

Regards

Armin

Hi Armin,

Its actually a firmware file, a device package is needed to enable a new device type to be added to callmanager.

HTH

Manish

Hi,

There is no qed file to enable these 78XX phones, as it is available for 3905 phones?

3905 SIP IP Phone Enabler - Compatible CUCM Versions: 7.1(5)+ 
cmterm-3905-qed.9-2-1-0.cop.sgn

I ask this because we have several clusters, and device package is a mess for all other phones that have other firmwares running, and it requires a restart of the cluster.

TIA

Andres Pasten

No, there is no QED, there's only native support on the CUCM release, or DevPack.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

We do have a similar situation. We're running CUCM 8.5.1, we installed COP file (cmterm-78xx.10-1-1-9.cop.sgn) to support 78xx phone series. Thereafter we've checked Device Defaults and didn't find the new series. Thus we searched for similar probs and we found this article.. then we've installed the device pack for our version.

Now my question: Do we need to update other loads too before restarting the whole cluster?

The release notes of the device pack shows the latest device, load, and release versions that are compatible with CUCM device package release 8.5.1. The loads are newer than those we're running at the moment..

Regards

johaas

Hi Johaas,

you need to upload the device pack along with loads in call manager servers in a cluster.

what exactly is the issue u are facing?

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: