Helpful
Replies

Verint Recorder not recording External Calls

Nightspider_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I hope someone would be able to point me in the rigt direction:

Customer has Verint Call recorder which is working fine on CUCM 9.1 recording internal and external calls on 7942's

We have added some new 9951/9971 phones and at first internal/external calls were not being recorded.

After making a change to the disable to the G.722/iSAC codec use on the phone internal calls are now recorded

However External calls are not being recorded at all

Calls are going out via MGCP gateway

Many thanks in advance

Amre

1 Reply 1

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since changing the codec for internal calls fixed internal recording for the 9951/9971 phones, I would assume that the external recording issue is also a codec problem.  Do you know what codec verint supports for recording, g711 only possibly?  I'd check a CUCM log or verint log to see from the SIP messaging for an external call if the codec is g729 causing the call to not be recorded.  You could also check the CUCM Cisco CallManager logs and find the CallLogs file and see what the cause code is for the problem recording calls.  If you see a cause 47, resources unavailable, this points to a codec issue that cannot be corrected by finding a transcoder for the recording leg.