Views
Helpful
Replies

log file for phone registration status changes

eddchen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are using cucm 8.6.2, phones a sccp phones 796x, over the weekend, there was a power issue, and caused 3 floors phones lost registration/connection to CUCM, we would like to find out when the phones unregistered and when it is resumed registration. Is there a way to gather a log for that?

Thanks.

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can look at the appadmin log via RTMT for that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Could you elaborate a bit more on that, i have access to RTMT but don't know where to look for the appadmin log you mentioned.

Thanks.

Ed

Ed,

if its just an idividual phone you are after, or a limited amount, you can check a phone's log on the phone itself or by clicking the IP address URL of the phone in CUCM

For an over all view. open your RTMT, go to performanceLOG viewer,

choose:  RisDC Perfmon Logs. and choose the Call manager server you are interested in.  Choos the time frame file you are interested in  (time of outage).

choose the following counter:  \\IP address\Call Manager\registeredHadwarePhones   its just a visual representation of the registered phones against time, as stored in a csv file.

Good luck

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

Hi Minkdennis,

Thanks for the detailed instructions. The status message on the phone isn't dated well, and the log in RTMT is showing only the last 3 days info, is this a adjustable value anywhere to see more or set of the future?

Regards,

ED

Ed,

yes this is possible, in RTMT go to TRACE and LOG Central>Query wizard>create query>next>choose "Cisco RisDC Data Collector Perfmon LOG>define the timeframe you are interested in>download the file (csv) and choose the same "registered hardware phones"

No worries

Hi Minkdenis,

It seems like the record only keeping around 4 days record, so when i do a query of all available, it comes back to the last 4 days RIS records. And if i select the definite range, it still only showing the oldest record which is 4 days ago. Is this a configurable setting to include more days in from CM admin or servicerbility?

Thanks.

Ed

Sambit Khuas
Level 1
Level 1

You can also try looking in the Eventviewer Application logs and Eventviewer System logs.

There you can hopefully find some information as, I have seen these logs get overwritten less frequently.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: