Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two phones on same port....

Dear experts....a small question

What if i add two ip phones in parallel....means the same eight wires will go on two phones at a times by making proper arrangement and increasing the port inline consumption power....will it work???? SIP and SCCP willl matter.....is it possible if class 2 device takes 6 watt and i increase the conusumption to 12 w for two fones...will it work

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yeah, would not be a good idea anyway as the second phone would go into data vlan, etc.

Please mark the question as answered unless you have further questions.

Chris

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

And exactly why would you want to do that?????

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jamie......if i have 24 port switch and if all are full......and if i need only one more more fone to be connected....so for only one fone trunking another switch will be lil expensive.....plz help

The phones will work, but the second phone will need external power as POE is not traversing the phone switch.

HTH,

Chris

chris.....i willl increase the power inline consumption.......still not?

No, as the phone is incapable of relaying the poser to the computer switch port.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

okies.........bad luk.........i thougth i will get the blessing in disguise :-(

Yeah, would not be a good idea anyway as the second phone would go into data vlan, etc.

Please mark the question as answered unless you have further questions.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: