cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to hide local users from Corpoate Directory

James Huaman
Level 1
Level 1

I am running CUCM 9.1.1 we currently import our end users via LDAP. However we have a couple of local users that were created for other purposes. However when running a search on the corporate directory these local users appear. How can we hide them from appearing in the search? Turning them into application users is not an option, they need to be end users, and they were not imported via LDAP, they were created in CUCM.

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use LDAP filter.  One example is to only import users with telephoneNumber or ipPhone (depending on which one you use). There are plenty examples of LDAP filters on this forum.

HTH,

Chris

I currently use the ipphone field for LDAP sync. However, I don't need to hide the users that are being imported from my active directory. I need to hide the users that were created directly in CUCM (they are not LDAP synced users)

I don't think you can hide them, so what purpose did you build them for? Usually any service accounts would only be built as application users.

HTH,

Chris

One account is used as a wallboard in our contact center. we tried creating it as an app user already but it wouldn't work the way we needed it to.

There is no way to hide those to my understanding.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: