Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 FW upgrade 1.1.1.06 = critical failure

Michiel Beenen
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I have upgraded the router to your latest 1.1.1.06 firmware and after it reboots (which btw takes ages) it comes back with:

Critical failure. Please contact support.

Any idea on this? it is unusable now!?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Walter

From your description, "Blinking green PWR LED and solid red DIAG LED is all I get", the device is still at boot loader phase. So you tried tftp method but doesn't work? Can you try again? you can use this tftp.exe (http://tftpd32.jounin.net/) to upload the firmware to 192.168.1.1. Below are some more details about the tftp upgrade.

1.power off

2.power on with pressing the reset button, wait for 10s, untill the diag LED turn red, and power LED keep flashing.

3.set lan pc to 192.168.1.100

4.use tftp client to put the firmware to device. Windows command for example: tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put RV32X_v1.1.1.06_20131206-code.bin. Or using other tftp client like "http://tftpd32.jounin.net/"

5.after tftp finish, the device will reboot by itself.

6.after startup, power led is on, diag led is off.

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Zhaoqiang Wang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michiel

Please try below steps in case of firmware failure while not HW failure.

1.power off.

2.Keep pressing the reset button, then power on (keep pressing the reset button untill the diag LED flash)

3.Connect PC to LAN1 and set the PC to static address 192.168.1.100.

4.try to upload the firmware from the PC via tftp, for example,

tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put xxx.bin

BTW, can you check if the md5 of your firmware is "c808a5bfe08dc9dedc5786e738a36384"?

Michiel Beenen
Level 3
Level 3

I tried what you said and THE tftp works but now its even worse. PWR blinks green and DIAG stays red even with reset

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks for the heads up on the new post Michiel. I too have an RV320 that has been bricked by this new firmware. Blinking green PWR LED and solid red DIAG LED is all I get. I've tried rebooting the router while holding reset so that I can upload the new firmware again via TFTP, but I can hold reset 'til I'm blue in the face while powering on and the router doesn't respond.

Yes I have exactly the same thing :( I wonder what we are supposed to do now and what Cisco is gonna do about it.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Michiel and Walter

Please open a support case and let support team help you. BTW, Did you upgrade from 1.1.0.09 to 1.1.1.06? upgrade from LAN side PC or WAN side PC?

Zhaogiang,

Upgrade was from 1.1.0.09 to 1.1.1.06 and was done from computer on LAN side.

Hi Walter

From your description, "Blinking green PWR LED and solid red DIAG LED is all I get", the device is still at boot loader phase. So you tried tftp method but doesn't work? Can you try again? you can use this tftp.exe (http://tftpd32.jounin.net/) to upload the firmware to 192.168.1.1. Below are some more details about the tftp upgrade.

1.power off

2.power on with pressing the reset button, wait for 10s, untill the diag LED turn red, and power LED keep flashing.

3.set lan pc to 192.168.1.100

4.use tftp client to put the firmware to device. Windows command for example: tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put RV32X_v1.1.1.06_20131206-code.bin. Or using other tftp client like "http://tftpd32.jounin.net/"

5.after tftp finish, the device will reboot by itself.

6.after startup, power led is on, diag led is off.

I actually have it working again That last method from Zhaogiang Wang did it

Thank you so much!

After trying this again and it failing to help I downloaded the TFTP client that Zhaogiang recomended and tried again... the router came back to life! There must be something wrong with the other TFTP client I was using.

Thanks Zhaogiang!

Thank you Michiel and Walter, good to know the steps fixed your devices.

Hi Zhaqiang,

The TFTP asked me a port from 192.168.1.1  

But the default is 69 !!! is it good one, or which port that I have to put?

Thanks

yes, default tftp port 69.

I suggest to put version of firmware: 1.2.1.14

Regards

my cisco rv325 all lan ports are not workng.

than how can i upload firmwae?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: