Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to add MAC ID twice in WLC 2504

Sudhir Gupta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 4 SSID on my WLC.and i am trying to add same MAC id to another ssid but m unable to add.

is there any way to add that mac id.

what i want that only few of the members should able to connect to that SSID

Suppose that A,B,C,D are the SSID, and i want that only 5 member should get access to that SSID (D) but no other user should connect to that SSIS (D).

please let me know the Solution.

6 Replies 6

Sudhir Gupta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

anyone knows solution for the above issue.

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Sudhir,

If you want to allow only 5 members to ssid:D then u need to create a mac filter list and also configure MAC Filtering Security for ssid:D.

• How to enable mac security to a WLAN:

mac-filters-wlcs-config-02.gif

• Create a mac address filter list for this ssid:D

1. Click Security from the controller GUI, and then click MAC Filtering from the left side menu.
  2. Click New in order to create a local database MAC address entry on the WLC.
  3. In the MAC Filters > New window, enter the MAC address, Profile Name, Description and the Interface Name for the client.
  4. Click Apply

• Repeat steps 2-4 in order to add more clients to the local database.

mac-filters-wlcs-config-05.gif

Also check this link: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008084f13b.shtml

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts.

HI

Thanks For the Reply.

suppose A and B are the SSID.

and i want to add same mac address on both of the SSID. is it Possible.

HI Sudhir,

You need to choose Any WLAN (from Profile Name box).Then try .

It should work.

Regards

Dont forget to helpful posts.

Just to add...

You are only able to have unique MAC address as you can't enter the same max address more than once. So if you have more than your two SSID's, A and B, then you can't really do what you want because you either choose one ssid or all.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Adding to above comments. MAC filtering alone is not a secure way to allow/deny clients, use different different wlan profiles for ssids with local or external radius,... for unique separation.

a mac id can be allowed on one or all wlans with allow or deny only. cisco does not fix this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card