Views
Helpful
Replies

ISSUE with cisco ube connected to SIP PSTN

Dear guys

I have a strange issue in my router. Here is the call setup:

PSTN------SIP trunk-------cube router--------H.323--------CUCM

my issue is there is a message in my router logs which is as follow:

Dec 30 10:11:16.797 KSA: %SIP-3-UNSUPPORTED: Unsupported ptime value Dec 30 10:23:13.728 KSA: %SIP-3-UNSUPPORTED: Unsupported ptime value Dec 30 11:03:49.612 KSA: %SIP-3-UNSUPPORTED: Unsupported ptime value Dec 30 11:20:57.964 KSA: %SIP-3-UNSUPPORTED: Unsupported ptime value Dec 30 11:21:06.640 KSA: %SIP-3-UNSUPPORTED: Unsupported ptime value

Can any expert help me in that why this message is appearing and how to remove it.

I will be glad to help me in that.

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What version CUCM are you running?

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Here is the info on Ptime:

ptime attributes

SIP gateway supports one ptime attribute per media line.

Cisco  UBE supports ptime attribute when one codec is offered. The ptime  attribute is not sent when multiple codecs are offered by the Cico UBE.

The  default behavior of the Cisco UBE is to select the minimum ptime value  from the offer and prefer. Results are unpredictable when dissimilar  networks with  different packetization time periods are connected.

To me it sounds like the provider is offering a codec you cant support....    If they offer G.711, you have to make the call goes through G.711 on your end.  If you are running G.729 or something else, then you must use a transcoder at the CUBE to transcode between the codecs.

Hi Tommer

Thanks very much for your reply. Actually i have transcoder in my VGW and i am not facing any issue right now but only the message is appearing on VGW. Is that gonna effect my call in the future?

Thanks for help Man

Regards