Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DX650 + CUCM 9.1.1 installed COP doesn't work

Hi and Happy New Year,

I want to integrate a DX650 with CUCM 9.1.1, after has been installed the COP file "cmterm-dx650.10-1-1-78.cop.sgn" following the release note it doesn't appear as a option on Add New Phone or as a Device Default device.

I have read another release note that say it has to be install the Device Pack, is there a way to avoid to installa the Device Pack?

Release note:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cdce/dx600/rel_notes/10_0_2_SR/DX65_BK_RF2528CD_00_release-notes-cisco-desktop-collaboration.html

Install Cisco Unified Communications Manager device packs

Before  installing the firmware, use the following table  to verify that the  installed release of Cisco Unified Communications Manager supports Cisco  Desktop Collaboration Experience DX650. If the installed release does  not support Cisco Desktop Collaboration Experience DX650, you must  upgrade or install a device pack that supports Cisco DX650.

Note

The device packs add support for Cisco Desktop Collaboration Experience DX600  Series phones, but do not include phone firmware for  the 10.0(1)  release. For future releases, the device pack will include phone  firmware.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager release Minimum Cisco Unified Communications Manager device pack

7.1(5) or higher

cmterm-devicepack7.1.5.35118-3.cop.sgn

8.5(1) or higher

cmterm-devicepack8.5.1.16097-1.cop.sgn

8.6(2) or higher

cmterm-devicepack8.6.2.23071-1.cop.sgn

9.1(1) or higher

cmterm-devicepack9.1.1.21010-1.cop.sgn

Thanks in advance

Regards

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.
Favor calificar todos las respuestas útiles dando click en las estrellas de mas abajo.

Accepted Solutions

Manish Prasad
Level 5
Level 5

Phone firmware do not add device into CUCM , it supports the device which are there in CUCM by default.

Sorry but there is no other way. To support new device you need device pack and after installation cluster wide reboot required to get new device register properly.

Thanks

Manish

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Manish Prasad
Level 5
Level 5

Phone firmware do not add device into CUCM , it supports the device which are there in CUCM by default.

Sorry but there is no other way. To support new device you need device pack and after installation cluster wide reboot required to get new device register properly.

Thanks

Manish

Hi Manish,

Sorry my friend but I think you're wrong. Installing a COP file you're able to support new phone on CUCM. I have enabled for example Iphone and Adnorid device support installing a COP File. Unfortunetly this time didn't work.

Any advice?

Favor calificar todos las respuestas útiles dando click en las estrellas de mas abajo.

Wrong, it didn't work as you wanted, because it's not supposed to do what you expected. Manish is 100% right on this, you just installed a FW, and adding a FW, has NEVER added support for a new device, as this just adds files to the TFTP and modifies the default FW fields, there are some COP files for adding support for a new device, which as the devpack, modify the CUCM DB and add it to the device table, this is not the case.

Description:Cisco Desktop Collaboration Experience DX650 Firmware Signed COP File
Release:10.1(1.78)
Release Date:13/Dec/2013
File Name:cmterm-dx650.10-1-1-78.cop.sgn

Guess you didn't read the README.

And the snip you posted already answers your question:

you must  upgrade or install a device pack that supports Cisco DX650

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Leo,

I have added jabber through COP file and it supported in CUCM (add new phone ) , but i think to support a new hard phone you need dev pack.

Let see if some expert comes with his view on this.

Thanks

Manish

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Leo,

Happy New Years my friend

In this case, Manish is most correct (+5) and you will need the full

Device Pack install to add support for the DX650.

You are also correct in that there have been some anomalies to this standard

like the "device enabler" like the one below (but these are very rare);

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074289/48135/cmterm-894x-sccp.9-1-2-00-readme.html

Cheers!

Rob

"When it comes to luck you make your own  " 

- Springsteen

That's weird cases when COP installation enable phone confused me .

Thanks everyone for the help !!!

Best Regards