cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Repoint IP Phones to new Call Manager

bryantsteve
Level 1
Level 1

Version CUCM 7.1(5), our IP phones are deployed without DHCP, all phone IP and CM information is configured statically. In the near future we will be changing over to a new Call Manager (version 8 or 9 not sure which)  which will have different  IP address/subnet.  The current CM address was entered statically as the phones were deployed, but is it possible(or necessary) to rehome to the new CM address without going to each  physical location and changing the address statically?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Other than using any of the 3rd party apps to control the phones remotely, yes, you'll need to change this directly on the phone.

I'm not even sure if there's a way to automate this via some SDK, you would need to check that in the developers forum.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Other than using any of the 3rd party apps to control the phones remotely, yes, you'll need to change this directly on the phone.

I'm not even sure if there's a way to automate this via some SDK, you would need to check that in the developers forum.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Thanks, that's what I thought

It sounds like it'd be a lot easier to address the new server(s) with the same address(es).

Sure would, but unfortunately  not an option in this case

Gotcha.  It's kludgy, but maybe a temporary nat so you could take your time with the static addressing of your endpoints?  Hopefully while touching each endpoint, you can go ahead and remove the static configs as well.  Hopefully your hands aren't tied there as well.  Guess Java's answer is the best choice you've got.  The macro feature of something like this (http://www.voipintegration.com/Software/Phone-Remote/) should make it a little less tedious.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: