Helpful
Replies

SG300-10 switch commands not working

mattsaundersmcp
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys

New to all this so be kind

I have an SG300-10 switch and have connected to the switch by telent and SSH, but when I run commands like 'enable' is tells me 'Unrecognized command'

The firmware is Version 1.3.0.62, I checked it looks like a new version is available, do I need to upgrade the firmware? If so are there any steps I need to follow to upgrade the firmware without bricking the switch?

EDIT: Ok so I tried the command conf t which worked, why does enable not work? Is it because the CLI is not IOS?

Thanks

Matt

3 Replies 3

viningele
Level 3
Level 3

Yep, the IOS commands have different levels.  You'll need to use the CLI command specific to the SG series since there are many differences.

Thanks, do you know where I can get a guide with the commands?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/csbms/sf30x_sg30x/administration_guide/CLI_300_1_2_9.pdf

This CLI does show the "enable" command too but maybe telnet sessions on these SG switches skip straight to level 15 if that's the privledge level of the user. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X