Views
Helpful
Replies

Everything visible except ASA

Matej Kuselj
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have configured 2x ASA 5512X in failover mode. My problem is that I cannot access ASA (ping,ssh,asdm - nothing) via any other vlan except INSIDE.

For example, from vlan named "VLAN" (10.1.3.0/24) I can access any device from "INSIDE" (10.1.1.0/24) except ASA (IP: 10.1.1.1).

Of course, from "INSIDE" I can access ASA without any problems.

Configuration is enclosed under attachments. Did I miss something obvious in the configuration?

Thank you for your suggestions.

1 Reply 1

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

If I understood you correctly, you are trying to access the "INSIDE" interface IP address from a network that is located behind some other interface than "INSIDE"?

If this is true then its expected behaviour.

You will not be able to connect to the ASA interface IP address from anywhere else other than from a network that is located behind that interface.

So if you want to manage the ASA you will have to connect to the IP address of the interface closest to that network.

So network 10.1.3.0/24 will need to access the ASA using the IP address 10.1.3.1 and 10.1.3.2 if you need to access the Standby device.

Hope this helps

- Jouni

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card