cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM integration with Asterisk IVR

ELM NMS Team
Level 1
Level 1

Can i integrate ICM with Asterisk IVR adn CVP in same time ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

oabulaban
Level 1
Level 1

to do that, you'll need to develop your own pg to have proper communication with icm.. no clue abt feasibility

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am afraid you can't. ICM talks to CUCM using Cisco's JTAPI implementation. Also, ICM talks to VRU using its own GED-125 protocol.

G.

oabulaban
Level 1
Level 1

what do you want to achieve? What will Asterisk's role be?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Thanks a lot

i need to using it as IVR in basic script and queue , to reduse the number of CVP port used

Thanks

Ibrahim

Hi,

well, you can send some calls to Asterisk (it has IVR and queuing) but naturally, you can't expect these calls appear in ICM historical reporting.

G.

oabulaban
Level 1
Level 1

As explained by Gergely, you can send calls to Asterisk but dont expect them on ICM..

What you can do is answer the call with asterisk and do all your IVR there.. this will all be asterisk, nothing to do with icm / cvp (they wont know about the call)... then, once you need to queue the call, you send it to icm / cvp...

the question here is, how to send it over.. you need to either have a CUBE to send it SIP from asterisk to UCCE.. or, send it from Asterisk using E1 cards that are connected to the voice gateways used by UCCE

Can i recieve call frist with ICM , then send to Asterisk then back to ICM to send it to agent ?

I need ICM controll the call.

oabulaban
Level 1
Level 1

to do that, you'll need to develop your own pg to have proper communication with icm.. no clue abt feasibility