cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Best way to perform Large deployment of Cisco ISR routers

jacob6000
Level 1
Level 1

We need to roll out around 315 ISR2 routers to locations all across the US. Some of these sits are MPLS and some are VPN. What strategies/methodologies would work best for this? Any input is appreciated.

Thank you,

2 Replies 2

vmiller
Level 7
Level 7

If you haven't submitted the order yet, I would consider making it part of the overall purchase.

There are any number of firms that can support this size of a roll out, unless you have the staff available.

By outsourcing the deployment you can better focus on the design, test and turn up.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
We need to roll out around 315 ISR2 routers to locations all across the US. Some of these sits are MPLS and some are VPN. What strategies/methodologies would work best for this? Any input is appreciated.

I need more info, particularly your configuration.

The reason why I'm asking is because routers, by default, support an "archaic" form of ZeroTouch.  When a router gets an IP address by DHCP it will immediately search for a file.  This file can be anything.  It can be a configuration template.  You can even say that it downloads the configuration template into the startup-config and if you put the router into your MPLS link it will get a DHCP IP address for someone to apply the "finishing touches" to the configuration at the remote site.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card