cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Pickup Group Question

Scott Wunschel
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having an issue I'm hoping someone can help me with. We have an executive assistant that answers calls for extension 1111. If she is unable to answer the line (whether she is using her phone or not), 5 other people should have the ability to answer it. If no one answers, it should go to 1111's voicemail after 15 seconds. We would prefer not to use a hunt group. We can not put all of these primary lines in the same Call Pickup Group because she shouldn't get notification when those other five lines ring. What I'm basically looking for is a one-way Call Pickup Group or something equivalant. Here is a scnario which I think should work, but doesn't...

1. Create a Call Pickup Group called ExecCPG and set it for audio and visual notification after 6 seconds

2. Add 1111 to ExecCPG

3. Create a second "dummy" line with DN 1112 and add it to ExecCPG

4. Add 1112 to the 5 other phones in the building as Line2

Now, I would assume that when 1111 is called and is not answered, there would be an alert on the other 5 phones and they would be able to answer the line. Calls to 1111 that are answered in the first six seconds won't generate an alert on all the other phones.

The problem is, this scnario doesn't work. If I go to one of the secondary phones and move 1112 from Line2 to Line1 the Call Pickup Group works as expected. When 1112 is on Line2 it does not give any Call Pickup Group alerts.

We are running CUCM 9.1.1.20000-5. All of the phones are model 8941 running SCCP8941_8945.9-3-2-11.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Scott

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Scott,

The problem here is that Pickup Notification is only available on the

Primary Line of the device as shown in this clip;

Call Pickup notification.

To configure whether the notification will be audio or visual, or both,  use the configuration settings in the Call Pickup Group Notification Settings section of the Call Pickup Group Configuration  window. The notification gets sent only to the primary line of a  device.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_1_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_C3E0EFA0_00_cucm-features-services-guide-91_chapter_0111.html#CUCM_RF_C01660EF_00

I would probably just add 1111 to the admin's phone and set the FNA to 1112 with the

FNA timer on 1111 set to 6 seconds. Then set up the DN 1112 on the other 5 phones and set the FNA

timer to 9 seconds with the FNA set to go to voicemail.  In this case Call Pickup is not

probably the "best" bet

Cheers!

Rob

"When it comes to luck you make your own  " 

- Springsteen

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Scott,

The problem here is that Pickup Notification is only available on the

Primary Line of the device as shown in this clip;

Call Pickup notification.

To configure whether the notification will be audio or visual, or both,  use the configuration settings in the Call Pickup Group Notification Settings section of the Call Pickup Group Configuration  window. The notification gets sent only to the primary line of a  device.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_1_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_C3E0EFA0_00_cucm-features-services-guide-91_chapter_0111.html#CUCM_RF_C01660EF_00

I would probably just add 1111 to the admin's phone and set the FNA to 1112 with the

FNA timer on 1111 set to 6 seconds. Then set up the DN 1112 on the other 5 phones and set the FNA

timer to 9 seconds with the FNA set to go to voicemail.  In this case Call Pickup is not

probably the "best" bet

Cheers!

Rob

"When it comes to luck you make your own  " 

- Springsteen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: