cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3702e versus 3702p - what is different?

vlad.mihailov
Level 1
Level 1

Does anybody have a link to a list of differences between 3702e and 3702p? Looks like 3702p is suggested for dense deployment but what does that actually mean?

14 Replies 14

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Vlad,

• Cisco Aironet 3700e Access Point used for Indoor, challenging environments, with external antennas

• Cisco Aironet 3700p Access Point used for high-density environments, with narrow-beamwidth, high-gain, antennas

Both APs:Dual-band controller-based 802.11a/g/n/ac

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps13367/data_sheet_c78-729421.html

Regards

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The "P" access points like the 3502p also is made for stadium , convention center (very high ceiling), and or arena type environments.  We have never used a "p" AP other than stadiums so far.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

But what is the actuall difference? Ie narrow beamforming, more clients supported, can use colla to clean the poprorn off the plate - is there anything measurable?

Antennas. There is one specific antenna made for the 'P'.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Scott,

Can you please specify the partnumber of the antenna made for P series?

I am also trying to find the appropriate antenna for 3702P...

Regards,

Arun

HI Arun,

The 3700p is stadium only and require the stadium antenna and I don't  see that listed yet. Take a look at the 3500p as those are also stadium  and uses only the stadium antennas.

Check here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps7183/ps469/product_data_sheet09186a008008883b.html

Also check this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps7183/ps469/at_a_glance_c45-513837.pdf

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Here is the antenna

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/antenna/installation/guide/ant2513p4mn.html

-Scott

Hi Sandeep and Scott,

Thank you very much....

Just remember that there is a place for the 3702p... Really for stadium, arenas and very high density areas. The 3702i and 3702e's should be used in all other locations.

-Scott

I understand that the 3702P is for very high density areas, but why ? Processing speed , interference management, number of simultaneous users , specific protocols or mecanisms, others....? If the only difference between 3702E and 3702P is ability to use specific external antennas, I don't see then any reasons to prefer one or the other. I hope that you will understand my point of view.

The "P" access-point types like the 3702P are the only access-points that are certified to work with the very high gain antennas as used in the stadiums (13 dBi gain). The output power of the access-point radios are adjusted to work with this kind of high gain to stay within regulatory limits. Due to this the differences between the different power levels of the access-point radios are smaller allowing for more granular tuning.

Channels and Maximum Power Settings for Cisco 3702E
Channels and Maximum Power Settings for Cisco 3702P

Please rate useful posts... :-)

Thanks Freerk

So what is the 3702P physically, just 3702E with this narrow-antenna?

What's the recommended distance from AP to ground/client?

To add, the 3702p is approved for outdoor use this why it's used in stadiums or anywhere where the antenna might be outside. The tx power is limited vs the non-p version but the hardware is the same. If it's an indoor AP you need, then the 3702e is what you want. If your antenna is mounted outside, then you need the 3702p or better yet look at the IW3702.

-Scott 

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: