cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Second call waiting notification on cisco ip phone where an agent is logged in and talking to a customer in ucce

Dinesh Rathi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have been facing a issue, where an agent is already busy talking to a customer and another incoming call notification is displayed on the screen. I am in a UCCE enviroment where single line is configured with directory number. ICM should not direct the call to an agent who is already on a call.

UCCE Version 8.5.2

CTI Version 8.5.2

CUCM version 8.5.2

6 Replies 6

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, this sounds like a "split brain" problem.

Did you check the communication between ICM Side A and B? Do you see any errors?

G.

Communication seems to be fine between Side A and B. Also I have found that the RouterCallKey value for this type of calls is 0.

Oh, then it must be an incoming call from within the enterprise, not routed by ICM. Probably an internal call.

Can you check the agent phones and if necessary, set the Busy Trigger to 1.

G.

I have checked and found that it is not an internal call. Busy trigger for all the phones in the sytem has been set to 2 however as I mentioned, only 1 directory number has been configured on the phone and everything was working fine till now. I have started facing this issue since two days. No major changes has been made in the system.

So you've confirmed that the 2nd call is an ICM call?  Do you have logs showing this?

david

You say that the busy trigger is set to 2... change it to 1 instead.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: