cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ERROR: SIP Profile Registration SIP registration failed: 401 Unauthorized. Verify SIP configuration and connectivity to SIP proxy.

adiouf001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

We have two sx20 in my company, one in Korea et another one in Paris.

We use two SPI adresse provided by ippi.fr . Everything was normal until we create DMZ zone for each of the SX20.

know the sx20 can't register to SIP. i have this when i check the SIP configuration and nothing change, the proxy is ippi.fr and the discovey is manual.

SIP is also the protocol default. SIP is enable when i check the networkservice. My user id and password are still active.

This SIP provider offer video and audio and it worked normally before.

so i don't know why i can't register

Can somebody help me please

5 Replies 5

Nikita Shrivastava
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What is the version on the codec and are we using a VCS here?

The codec gives 401 error when trying to register to VCS  over SIP. The reason can be the bug - CSCuj48259.

You can downgrade it to TC5.1.6 as the resolution to this is yet to be there on TC 7.1.X.

Thanks

Hi Nikita!

Could you follow it up that the bug will be listed as public visible?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Aida,

please provide the complete xconfig and xstatus SIP to look into this

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As I can not see the bug description I do not want to rule out that you might hit a bug.

But as you mentioned that you changed your network and placed the devices in a DMZ and

further the logs show that you use TCP and not TLS I could also picture that the new used

firewall has some SIP capability (like NAT helper, Application Layer Gateway (ALG), Inspection,

Protocol awareness, short all Layer3 sip "enhancements", ...)

All these things should be disabled.

I would also recommend that you use TLS (encryption) instead of TCP (unencrypted) and would

suggest that you search for a provider which offers VCS-E connectivity (not sure if yours does).

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

hello to all

we finally found the problem. When placing telepresence in the DMZ we authorized access only to ippi.fr server while the latter used a different server for authentication.

But I have another problem. when I manage to establish communication, video and sound are cut off after 30 seconds. and I have the "no incoming video" message.

NB: i don't have any VCS or CUCM;

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: