Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

create static nat rule cli

Answered Question
Jan 9th, 2014
User Badges:

I need to create a static nat rule that allows outside requests to the inside interface using http. I also need to create an access rule for this. Can someone please explain and show me the command I need to use in asa 5500 firewall version 9.x?

Thanks!

Correct Answer by Jouni Forss about 3 years 7 months ago

Hi,

Do you mean that you want to create Static NAT rule where the local IP address is the actual IP address of the ASA "inside" interface?

If so then that is not possible. You wont be able to connect to the "inside" interface through another interface even when using NAT configuration.

You would have to use VPN connection to be able to connect to the "inside" interface IP address.

Otherwise you will need to connect to the ASA with using the "outside" interface IP address.

If you meant that you want to configure Static NAT for some internal host then the configuration format would be

object network STATIC

host

nat (inside,outside) static

Hope this helps

- Jouni

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Jouni Forss Thu, 01/09/2014 - 07:13
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more

Hi,

Do you mean that you want to create Static NAT rule where the local IP address is the actual IP address of the ASA "inside" interface?

If so then that is not possible. You wont be able to connect to the "inside" interface through another interface even when using NAT configuration.

You would have to use VPN connection to be able to connect to the "inside" interface IP address.

Otherwise you will need to connect to the ASA with using the "outside" interface IP address.

If you meant that you want to configure Static NAT for some internal host then the configuration format would be

object network STATIC

host

nat (inside,outside) static

Hope this helps

- Jouni

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content