cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg 3000MXP Tactical - inproper use caused damage

BW Dijk
Level 1
Level 1

Our Company received a Tandberg 3000 MXP Tactical.

This unit was not working becouse of a software failure.

The owner tried to fix this, by opening The hole case where The codec was buld into. By doing this they damaged The external IR transmitter board and connected cable.

I could fix The software issue SO The codec is working again. But The external IR transmitter is not.

Unforunaly there is no active service contract On The unit.

What is The best way To solve this issue.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

5 Replies 5

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I might be wrong, but I think I saw a thread some time ago where someone hat some

other question about repairing without a service contract.

If I recall it right the conclusion was that there are no repairs by Cisco to be done

without a service contract. Also this issue is most likely not covered by a service contract anyhow.

Sure you can contact Cisco (TAC) to hear what they suggest.

If the damage shown just the cable I would search for some generic electronics repair shop.

When no further damage is hidden it should be not to hard to fix.

Good luck.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Looking at those pictures it's hard to see what damage is there, other than one of the cables has become unattached.  You may have some luck in re-soldering the yellow cable back on to the connector, which as Martin has said above, should be able to be done at your local electronics repair shop (or, if you're confortable with doing it yourself, give it a go).

Given that it's just low voltage for the IR, you could try holding it in place and testing the IR to see it works or not before proceeding with the solderting.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hello,

Unfortunly The original PCB was damaged and a part of The connector was gone.

But I got my old oscilloscoop out of the dust.... And took a look at the signals on the wires.
Black = ground, red = 5V and orange = signal.

Did Some small engineering and made a New PCB.

And YES its working again.

So issue is solfed

Great work.  Glad it's all up and operational again.  Thanks for sharing your results with us.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your quesion as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: