cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Mail redirecting to a different pilot number or extension.

sanjaydevan
Level 1
Level 1

Voice Mail redirecting to a different pilot number or extension.

Guys need help.

I checked with port monitor.

When he presses the messages button, it gets redirected to someother user.

Any changes that has to be made?

Deva.

4 Replies 4

Manish Prasad
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Deva,

Does this same happen when user dial VM pilot number directly ?

I will do a complete DNA to check whether any number translation happening  in between or not.

Thanks

Manish

It happens when he presses the messages button as well as the pilot number.

Deva.

Hi,

Check if there is any translation pattern configured.

Thanks

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Just to clarify a few things.

You said that you monitored the ingress call using port monitor. Is the calling party number what you expect to see? Meaning, is the calling party number of the call coming into Unity/Unity Connection the number of the user pressing the voicemail button or the other mailbox user?

If the calling party number is presented correctly at Unity/Unity Connection then your issue is how Unity/Unity Connection is configured. I would check Direct call routing rules. I would look at partitions, search space configurations, and alternate extensions. I am assuming that primary extension is accurate.

If the calling party number is presented incorrectly at Unity/Unity Connection then your issue is in the CUCM configuration. I would check:

1. Voicemail profile assigned to the line DN of the phone you are testing. Check the mask assigned to the profile.

2. Check the external mask on the phone line itself.

3. Check all patterns associated with the voicemail pilot number (translation, route pattern, etc.) to see if you are doing any calling party transformations.

Another easy test would be to test from a third user. I assume you have more than two people provisioned in voicemail. Configure (or look at an existing) third user. Make sure this user is using the same VM Profile as the user experiencing the issue. Call voicemail -- does it work correctly? If so, then your issue is on the Directory Number assigned to the affected user's phone. If it does not work then your issue is with the VM profile, translation, route pattern, or some other dial plan component.

HTH

-Bill
(b) http://ucguerrilla.com
(t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: