Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W IPSec Android non compatible?

Gordon Blueau
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I´d like to buy RV220W router, but I need it to have IPSec support for Android devices (after reading different topics here + advices of my friends, I´m not sure it does) and I must be sure before I buy it.

What I need is complete ( ! ) support of IPSec, not just support for AnyConnect, but for IPSec software from third parties as well, as many different manufacturers have.

Con somebody from Cisco engineers here confirm that RV220W does indeed has this support?

And if not, is there any other Gigabit cisco router, which has this support?

Thanks for answer,

Gordon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Gordon,

The RV series do not support IPSec as the enterprise routers do. I have an RV220W and I was unable to get IPSec to work with Android. I tested every possible way I could find and it never worked. I eventually settled on PPTP for occasional use. A colleague was able to connect his Android phone to an SA520 or SA540 here about a year ago using the built in VPN client. I know that the SA500 series support Cisco VPN Client 5.0 so it should also work with iPads, iPhones, etc. Of course the SA500 was replaced with the ISA500 (untested) and now the ISA500 is EOL/EOS.

- Marty

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Gordon,

The RV series do not support IPSec as the enterprise routers do. I have an RV220W and I was unable to get IPSec to work with Android. I tested every possible way I could find and it never worked. I eventually settled on PPTP for occasional use. A colleague was able to connect his Android phone to an SA520 or SA540 here about a year ago using the built in VPN client. I know that the SA500 series support Cisco VPN Client 5.0 so it should also work with iPads, iPhones, etc. Of course the SA500 was replaced with the ISA500 (untested) and now the ISA500 is EOL/EOS.

- Marty

Thanks, myphala.

It seems enterprise routers will it be then.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: