Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for iPad 9.3.4 and LDAP Directory search

cbrasolin
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

i'm not able to make jabber for iPad working with the corporate directory and LDAP. I already tried the configurations in other thread for the same problem but the customer is not able to find any contact when he search the directory.

CUCM Version is 9.1.2.10000-28, we have those clients already working with the corporate directory:

- Jabber for Windows

- Jabber for MAC

- Jabber for iPhone

The only one not working is iPad.

My UC Service is

UC_Service.JPG

As the documentation say. I also tried to set the port to 3268 and also tried to configure in the Phone configuration the parameter "LDAP Server" to x.x.x.x:3268 but without success

My Service Profile is

Service_Profile.JPG

I tried to remove the "Use UDS for Contact Resolution" but nothing change. Here the username and password is the same used for the CUCM LDAP Integration.

I tried with and without the configuration in the Phone settins:

Phone_Config.JPG

And as the last try, i changed the directory in UC Service ad Advanced Directory, even if the documentation say to use the standard Directory.

In the documentation i don't see any reference about to the XML configuration file, so i suppose that Jabber for iPad don't use that file.

The documentation don't say to configure the settings in the Phone configuration. I assume that the settings in the Phone configuration are needed for overwrite the global configuration for some specific device that need it for some reason.

I think to have tried all the combination and now i really don't know what to do.

Is there some way for check what is the configuration about the corporate directory loaded by the iPad? And is there some way to activate in the client some log?

Regards,

Christian

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you tried unchecking the "Use UDS" checkbox and relying on BDI directory?

Chris

Hi Chris,

yes i've tried but doesn't work.

Regards,

Christian

cbrasolin
Level 4
Level 4

Problem solved with the last iPad version 9.6.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: