cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fail LED keeps blinking on the 15454-GE-XPE card.

sunhmtaaa
Level 1
Level 1

It began to blink when I changed the Fan 15454-CC-FTA=. At first I think it is in rebooting but it made this blinking for one day.

That's a log in the alarm and it said "SLOT 2 improper removal". But I didn't even touch it.

The blinking details are: 3 LED all light up, then SF will go out, ACT go out after SF. FAIL begin to blink 6 times. This loop continued the whole day.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

supoonia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

double click on the card in the node --- go to conditions - click on filter - select all boxes - than hit retrieve.

please let us know what alarm you see there.

also go to shelf view - inventory - check here --- are you able to see your GE_XPE card.

check temperature on node - go to shelf view - provisioning - general - Voltage/Temperature.

it looks that node temperature is not proper or maybe improper airflow and that caused improper removal on card.

maybe be system is not recognizing the card.

solution will be ....remove card..wait for sometime, ensure good node temperaute and proper airflow.

than insert the card back, if it still having improper removal alarm, than replace it.

but first check temperature/airflow.

View solution in original post

yes you are right, system is not recognizing it.

maybe temperature at that time was high and now its normal.

now only have two optons, re-seat if this doesn't work, than repalce :-)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

supoonia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

double click on the card in the node --- go to conditions - click on filter - select all boxes - than hit retrieve.

please let us know what alarm you see there.

also go to shelf view - inventory - check here --- are you able to see your GE_XPE card.

check temperature on node - go to shelf view - provisioning - general - Voltage/Temperature.

it looks that node temperature is not proper or maybe improper airflow and that caused improper removal on card.

maybe be system is not recognizing the card.

solution will be ....remove card..wait for sometime, ensure good node temperaute and proper airflow.

than insert the card back, if it still having improper removal alarm, than replace it.

but first check temperature/airflow.

Hi Sunil

Be glad to see your answer again!

Here is the details:

1, the alarm only left the GE-XPE SLOT 2 improper removal

2, the inventory can't see the GE-XPE card (actually it is grey but TNC card is white)

3, the Temperature is 24c', I don't think it's the temperature problem

I also tried to remove the card for long time and install it back. It doesn't work.

I think the system can't recognize it.

yes you are right, system is not recognizing it.

maybe temperature at that time was high and now its normal.

now only have two optons, re-seat if this doesn't work, than repalce :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: