Views
Helpful
Replies

vpn client wont connect - no error massage

eranhuba69
Level 1
Level 1

hi guys.

ive just installed a cisco vpn client on a laptop, but it wont connect. i press the connect button, then it say's "connecting to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" for 1-2 seconds then stops with no error massage. here are the details and things i tried:

its a new laptop with windows 8 64bit. another computer in the same house\same internet connection that have a cisco vpn client can connect. ive tried:

1. re-installing the client.

2. stooping windows firewall.

3. stopping the antivirus.

4. stopping and restarting the ICS and CISCO services.

any suggestions?

6 Replies 6

mvsheik123
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Eran,

What kind of VPN it is? Cisco ipsec vpn client does not work on Win8. If that is the case, you need to go with third party clients. Google for tha same, you will find some client.

Thx

MS

thanks for your replay.

i use this one:

http://infotech.wsu.edu/security/services/legacyVPN/installCiscoVPN.html

do you have a recommendation for a good third party client?

Rejohn Cuares
Level 4
Level 4

Cisco IPsec VPN client doesn't work on Windows 8. As alternative use Shrew VPN client.

https://www.shrew.net/download

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

well, now it happend to me on another computer in a diffrent home all togheter, this time on windows xp.

the vpn client tries to connect but dosnt get to the stage where he askes the user name and password. insted it just stopes. any idea why? am i doing somthing wrong?

i know its not a problem with the cisco pix itself becouse i connect to it with the same client in the same group with the same credantials fine.      

somebody? anybody?

weel, fixed it myself, changing the mtu to 1392 solved the problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: